- My Takeaways from the 2013 Chick-fil-A Leadercast http://ow.ly/kY8jM via
- “Everyone has a tactical reserve to improve that little bit. You have one more inch.” – rorkedenver
- “3 S’s for effective leadership: Self-confidence, simplicity and speed”
- “As leaders, we owe it to every employee to let them know where they stand in the organization”
- “Balance is essential for effectiveness. As a leader you must schedule time for rest.” - CondoleezzaRice
- “The first step for a leader is to be right with yourself. Integrity is the basis of leadership.” -
- “A leader is someone who puts their people in position to be successful all the time” -Mike Krzyzewski
- “As a leader you can get sidetracked but you have to complete your mission” -Mike Krzyzewski
- “A leader is like a quarterback – they get paid for putting the ball in the right hands.”
- “Leadership is influence. Nothing more. Nothing less.” -
- “It isn’t easy to be simple but it’s effective.” -
- “Business schools reward complex behavior but it’s the simple behavior that makes you successful in life” -
- “If everything is important then nothing is important.” -
- “Yesterday is gone. It’s time to do something new.” -
- “The worst thing you can do, once you realize you’re on the wrong road, is hope it turns into the right one.” -
- “The first boundary that a leader has to set is necessary endings. Pruning is required for growth” -
- “Creating the plan is the easy work. Getting people to effectively work the plan is the real work.” -
- “Since I was a young girl, I always set really lofty goals for myself.” -
- “There will always be distractions. Focus on your goals until you reach them.” -
- “Appropriate engagement is the master key.” -David Allen
- “What is your one-sentence job description?” -
- “What are we doing? Why are we doing it? Where do I fit in?” -
- “Dirty little secret of leadership: Leaders don’t always have all the answers.” -
- “If there’s one thing our organizations need from us, it’s our leadership…Simply lead.” MichaelHyatt
- “I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took an excuse.” Florence Nightingale
- “Humility is a virtue; timidity is a disease.” Jim Rohn
- “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.”Bill Gates
- “We run this company on questions, not answers.”
@ericschmidt – CEO, Google
- Confidence is contagious and so is lack of confidence, and a customer will recognize both. -Vincent Lombardi
- Our story: Formed. Deformed. Transformed. Conformed.
- When you are discouraged, encourage someone else
- The homemaker has the ultimate career. All other careers exist for one purpose only – and that is to support the ultimate career.
- Purpose may point you in the right direction but it’s passion that propels you. – Travis McAshan
- Stop beating yourself up. You are a work in progress; which means you get there a little at a time, not all at once.
- “If we’re the underdog, I like being the underdog. It heightens one’s focus.” John Doerr (of Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers)
- Work for a cause, not for applause. Live your life to express, not to impress.
- Purpose is the reason you journey. Passion is the fire that lights your way.
- Hard work becomes easy when your work becomes your play. Never underestimate the value of loving what you do. – Unknown
- The fastest way to change yourself is to hang out with people who are already the way you want to be. Reid Hoffman, founder LinkedIN
- “Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional.” – Roger Crawford
- Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things that matter~ MLK
- Over 500 kids adopted through
#compassion inter this morning at @westridgechurch Happy Mother’s Day !
- A sense of inadequacy is the constant companion of self-awareness Kevin Penry
- Sometimes you just need to sleep on it.
- Decide today that your past is not your future.
- “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West
- I missed 9000 shots in my career, lost almost 300 games.and missed the shot to win the game 26 times.” Michael Jordan
- God always allows a major test before a major blessing. The greater he intends to bless, the bigger the test will be.
- “If you’re not making mistakes, then you’re not doing anything. I’m positive that a doer makes mistakes.” – John Wooden
- Don’t set rules. Set standards. Coach K
- Focus on the relevant. Eliminate the rest. Dr Henry Cloud
- The more complex things get the more simplicity is needed.
- Look for teaching moments every day. Jack Welch
- While our past explains us, it doesn’t excuse us.
- Lack of transparency is the cruelest form of management. — Jack Welch
- “Growth creates complexity. Complexity is unavoidable and complexity is the enemy of clarity.” —
- “Something is coming for you that you do not see – are you ready for that?” — David Allen (
- You are the most creative person when you have freedom to make a mess — David Allen(
- “The way out (of storms in your mind) is through.”– David Allen (